Render up to 50% faster
Right away in V-Ray 3.3 for Maya, you’ll notice a major speed boost – 20-50% faster on most scenes.
New image sampler
V-Ray 3.3 introduces a new Variance-based Adaptive Sampler [VBAS] with better noise detection for cleaner, higher quality images.
Automatic sampling of lights & materials
By default, the new Variance-based Adaptive Sampler evaluates lights and materials automatically. Now, setup is quicker and easier with fewer settings to adjust.
GPU production rendering
V-Ray RT GPU is now available as a final frame production renderer.
More new features in V-Ray 3.3 for Maya
V-Ray scene file node
Import and render complete V-Ray scene files (.vrscene) as a single object.
V-Ray Clipper w/ render-time booleans
Create sections and cutaways using any mesh object.
Hosek sky & Aerial perspective
Simulate more natural looking skies with the new Hosek Sky model, and add realistic atmospheric depth with Aerial perspective.
Ray traced rounded corners
Generate smooth edges at render time with no extra modeling.
Quickly apply seamless textures without UVs.
Create ultra-realistic materials with sparkle effects like snow, sand, and car paints.
V-Ray falloff texture
Generate falloff and fresnel effects based on viewing direction.
Important updates to V-Ray 3.3 for Maya
Faster volume rendering
- Faster volume rendering with probabilistic sampling
- Supports OpenVDB caches from Houdini 15 and FumeFX
- Preview volume grid objects in the viewport
Improved GPU rendering
- Optimized material rendering
- Optimized texture memory
- Faster resizing and loading of textures
- Improved AMD GPU support
- Supports Projection nodes
- Supports bitmap aperture with physical camera
- Supports hair and particles from V-Ray proxy objects
Improved global illumination
- More robust reflective GI caustics for better light propagation, and more natural illumination of interior scenes.
- Now supports Look Development shading nodes introduced in Maya 2016 Extension 1.
- Now supports latest OpenSubdiv
- Up to 2X faster performance
- Supports color sets
- Cache XGen collections to V-Ray Scene files for optimized performance
- Now supports displacement, subdivision, and VRayUserColor
- Supports frame animation from archive
Refined and simplified UI
- Optimized user interface and new default render settings
V-Ray 3.3 for Maya is a free update for all V-Ray 3.x for Maya customers.
Login at chaosgroup.com to download.